You must have standards
In the IT industry standardising is vital, especially when it comes to hardware. Using a single type of hardware in each area makes support and maintenance much easier and more efficient.
At Nimbus, not only do we adhere to this, we believe that it is important to have high standards. That is why we only use high quality HP servers and Cisco routers.
We only implement HP proliant DL360 servers for our high performance hosting, these are just less than 2” high which allows us to get more into each cabinet and provide competitively priced and reliable servers. Some providers will use custom built micro systems for cheaper hosting but this can result the service being less reliable.
The HP proliant servers are renowned for their speed, scalability and reliability. They also have the benefits below, these either benefit you directly or enable us to provide better support and reliability.
- Allow up to 16 processor cores
- Allow up to 384GB memory
- The servers can hold up to eight disks and we only deploy the disks in a mirrored configuration for fault tolerance
- Dual power supply compatibility for further redundancy
- Clean, tool-free, mechanical design enhances reliability and simplifies configuration and maintenance
- Integrated iLO 3 allows powerful, hardware-based remote administration and control from a standard web browser even if the server has crashed
- System health LED on the front of the server highlights potential issues to engineers and allows for proactive management
Standardising on this hardware also allows us to store a spare for every server component, that combined with the fact that the data centre provide fully trained IT staff means that we can commit to our 1 hour response time for hardware issues.