What is Malware?
Malware is short for Malicious Software. Hackers look for and exploit weaknesses on your website/server to insert Malware code to infect your visitors devices.
- Malware—One in 203.3 emails in August 2011 contained malware
- Malicious websites—3,441 websites are blocked per day
- 34.1 percent of all malicious domains blocked were new in August 2011
- 17.3 percent of all Web-based malware blocked was new in August 2011
What happens if my website gets infected?
Sites containing Malware are often detected by Google/other search providers in their automatic scanning process, but it also can be reported to them via your visitors. This will then trigger a browser alert with something like the following:
If your site is registered with Google Webmaster Tools, you will also get an alert email from them.
How can I protect my website against Malware Infections?
- Choose secure passwords for all aspects of your website
- Pick third party content/plugins carefully
- Ensure any design machines you use have up to date software and antivirus
- Backup your .htaccess file
- Keep your website software (such as WordPress, Magento, vBulletin etc) up to date with the latest patches
- Regularly visit your site and perform a health check
- Purchase a Geotrust Anti-Malware Seal from Nimbus
The GeoTrust Anti-Malware Seal
What does it scan?
What are its features?
- Daily anti-malware scan for regular check-ups
- Analysis of web page for identifiable malicious code plus monitoring to identify malicious activity to enable easy clean-up of infected site
- Instant alerts identifying malicious code to enable fast malware removal
- On-demand scans to enable quick confirmation of clean site status
- Geotrust anti-malware seal to assure site visitors that site is clean of malware
- Global support for quick answers
What happens if the scan detects anything?
You will be sent an immediate email detailing the detection and instructions on how to access the scan results. Here you will be able to request a rescan once you have removed the malware and vulnerability.
If you would like to purchase GeoTrust Anti-Malware please give us a call on 0208 0909664.