Follow the instructions below, using your email address as username and email address, your password as you set it on the server, and ‘yourdomainname.com’ where it says example.com.
1.Open Microsoft Office Outlook.2.Go to File > Info > Add Account.3.Select the checkbox Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next.
4.Select the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
5.Specify the following:
- Your name.
- Your e-mail address.
- Account type. If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option. If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option.
- Incoming mail server. Type mail.yourdomainname.com For example, mail.example.com.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP). Type mail.yourdomainname.com For example, mail.example.com.
- User Name. Specify your full e-mail address. Example: [email protected]
- Password. This is as you set it when adding your account to the server.
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Leave this option cleared.
6.Click More Settings, open the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.7. Click OK.
IMAP Only Steps
If you find that your IMAP folders are not displaying after adding your email account you will need to follow these additional steps:
10. Click on the “Folder” tab in the top navigation pane.11. Clickthe “IMAP Folders” button.
12. Uncheck “When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders.”.
13. Click OK.14. Click on the “Send/Receive” tab in the top navigation pane.15. Click “Send/Receive All Folders” to do a force Send/Receive within Outlook.
16. Your IMAP folders will then download and appear in the left hand pane in Outlook.