Some of the guys here are taking part in Movember this year and growing their tash’s in order to raise some money and awareness for Men’s Health.
Facts from the Movember Website
- Average life expectancy for men in the UK is almost four years less than women (presently 78.7 years compared to 82.6 years)
- Men have a 14% higher risk of developing cancer than women and a 37% higher risk of dying from it
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in the UK. Each year over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer and one man dies every hour. 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point in their lives
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men aged 25-49 years. Around 2,200 men in the UK were diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2011.
- 78% of suicides are men. Suicide is the leading cause of death for men aged 20-49 in England and Wales, although the highest rate of suicide is in men aged 30-44 and the numbers are growing amongst older men
- By donating to Movember you will have joined a global movement that has raised over £400 million and funded over 1,000 men’s health programmes in more than 20 countries in the last twelve years.
You can support them looking absolutely ridiculous for the WHOLE month by donating to this cause HERE, or by giving them some advice on styles.